- Introduction to Pimples/Acne
- Causes of Pimples/Acne
- Complications of Pimples/Acne
- Homeopathic Treatment of Pimples/Acne
Pimples/Acne – Introduction
Pimples/Acne is an inflammatory disease of the skin with the formation of an eruption of papules or pustules. Acne (also called as pimples) though is not a very serious health condition, it has got a lot of importance due to its cosmetic nature not only in teenagers but also in adults.
Acne – Causes
Acne occurs when tiny holes on the surface of the skin, called pores, become plugged. Each pore is an opening to a follicle, which contains a hair and an oil gland called sebaceous gland . Normally, the oil glands help keep the skin lubricated and help remove old skin cells. When glands produce too much oil, the pores can become blocked, accumulating dirt, debris, and bacteria. The blockage or plug is often called a comedone.
The top of the plug may be white (whitehead) or dark (blackhead). If the comedone ruptures, the material inside, including oil and bacteria, can spread to the surrounding area and cause an inflammatory reaction. The inflammation usually takes the form of pimples or “zits”. If the inflammation is deep in your skin, the pimples may enlarge to form firm, painful cysts.
Acne commonly appears on the face and shoulders, but may also occur on the trunk, arms, legs, and buttocks. It is most common in teenagers, but it can happen at any age, including as an infant. Three out of four teenagers have it to some extent, probably caused by hormonal changes that stimulate oil production. Acne may persist into a person’s 30s and 40s.
Acne tends to run in families and can be triggered by:
- Hormonal changes related to menstrual periods, pregnancy, birth control pills, or stress.
- Greasy or oily cosmetic and hair products.
- Certain drugs from conventional system of medicine
- High levels of humidity.
- Sweating a lot or friction from head bands, back packs, or tight collars.
Acne – Complications
Possible complications include:
- Permanent facial scars
- Changes in skin color
- Damage to self-esteem, confidence, personality, and social life
- Side effects of conventional medications (but homeopathic medicines don’t have any side effects)
- Is Herpes Simplex really incurable?
- Herpes Simplex: How to increase the chances of cure with homeopathy
Pimples/Acne – Homeopathic Treatment
Acne usually subsides after adolescence, but may last into middle age. Scarring may occur if severe acne is not treated. Some people, especially teenagers, can become significantly depressed if it is not treated. Homeopathic treatment has very encouraging results in acne and pimples and gives relief in long term. Moreover all medications are natural, safe, gentle, effective, easy to administer and without any adverse effects. Homeopathic treatment is strongly recommended for patients who are desperately looking for an effective remedy. If you have any specific question about your condition, please click here to ask.
With homeopathic medicines, also take the following self-care steps to lessen the effects of acne:
- Clean your skin gently with a mild soap removing all dirt or make-up. Wash many times a day with plain water.
- Try not to squeeze, scratch, pick, or rub the pimples. Although it might be tempting to do this, it can lead to scarring and skin infections.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands or fingers.
- Identify and avoid anything that aggravates pimples. Your triggers may include foods, lotions, or make-up.
- Avoid greasy cosmetics or creams. Look for water-based or “non-comedogenic” formulas. Take make-up off at night.
- Find Ayurveda Treatments
- Find Homeopathic Treatments
- Find Home Made Treatments
- Find English Medical Treatments